July 06, 2006

Beach, Blue and Baby

Well I am back baby! Did ya miss me? June has been filled with a lot of business. (If you couldn't tell, B seems to be the letter of the day.) Some of the business includes:

  • Jem had his 8th birthday, his last baseball game (and a team party we didn't attend), and his "official" last day of 2nd grade occur all within the same week.
  • I had my first ultrasound. Shawn went with me to the OB and we had an ultrasound done. We know, for sure, that there is only one baby. Woo hoo! (I've had a twins scare before and I am glad this will be the last one.)
  • Shawn, Jem and I spent a day at Zuma beach, (that's Malibu for those of you non Californians...eeewww, I'm not a Californian either, only a resident). Shawn and I went to Venice beach last weekend and spent a few hours browsing the boardwalk shops.
  • Baby shopping! It's too fun. Unfortunately corporate America thinks yellow is the only neutral color for a baby of unknown gender. We bought a lot of yellow Onesie's, receiving blankets and sleepers. I can't wait to buy pink or blue!
  • A friend of the family lost her 4th month old baby to SIDS a few weeks ago, so that kind of took a lot out of us. It's always sad to hear that a baby dies, but when it's an unknown cause...well that's plain scary.
  • Maternity clothes shopping. Yeah, I wish I didn't have to admit to that, but yeah...I had to buy some new stuff that wouldn't be so tight that I couldn't breathe.
  • Yarn shopping at Wildfiber in Santa Monica. They carry Blue Sky Alpacas Wool and Silk Yarn. I needed one more skein of Amethyst to finish the Midwest Moonlight scarf as seen in Scarf Style. I also got some yummy yummy yarn for Jae my June Colorswapper friend who I have to say has waited patiently for my horrible slacking. (Jae I do apologize!)

So above is a picture of the pretty blue and white waves coming into Zuma. That ugly guy is Shawn, LOL. J/K. He's my baby and he's handsome and I ♥ him. As you can see, he wasn't really expecting the picture. Oooops.

There's my big boy. Jem says now that he is 8 years old I can't call him little. Geeez mom! Get with the program!

As for my knitting. I'll admit, it's been sparse. It's not that I don't want to knit. It's more like we have been busy doing a whole lot of nothing, and sometimes we are actually busy doing things. My problem is this pregnancy. I didn't experience any fatigue or morning sickness with Jem. That's all I am experiencing now. It's really taken it's toll on me. I just don't have the energy to knit. Sad huh? This is a lousy lit picture of the edging on the back piece of the Caftan. I'd say I'm about 1/2 done with the back, but there goes my goal to finish a sweater for the World Knitting Cup. I guess I will rework my goal and hope that this Caftan is done in time for it to still fit me during pregnancy, eh?

I am so glad my computer is up and running again. I've been dying to catch up with my knitting friends' blogs. So here goes...

2 comments:

jillian said...

That has been a busy month! I hope you feel better after the first trimester :)

Jae said...

Wow! I'm exhausted just reading all the busy-ness you've been up to. Rest up and take care of yourself.