November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Gratitudes 2006

So far our Thanksgiving it going pretty well. The turkey is roasting in the oven, there are two pumpkin pies chilling in the fridge, and the yams are soaking the maple brown sugar and pineapple juice. Of course, we won't be eating for quite some time, but I thought I'd post what I'm thankful for and post a blog tomorrow with our Thanksgiving photos.

Thanksgiving Gratitudes:

1. I am thankful that even though my son can be a pain in the ass, he's MY pain in the ass.

2. I am thankful that Shawn has continued to be my rock through all the trials and tribulations we have gone through together. I am thankful that he wants to be here with me.

3. I am thankful that we have a healthy baby girl on the way.

4. I am thankful that I have Scarlett and Dalton as my best furbaby friends.

5. I am thankful that there is someone out there who understands my need/want/yearnings for yarn, needles and patterns. I am thankful that there are a lot of others who understand the obsession.

6. I am thankful for the good, the bad, and, sometimes, the ugly. Those times have gotten us where we are now.

7. I am thankful for our home. Our friends. Our family. Our health.

I hope all my friends in blogland, and elsewhere, have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Drive safely. Eat as much as you can. Enjoy the people you are spending time with. And, of course, Happy Knitting! (Don't lie, you know you will be knitting a stitch or three!)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Happy Thanksgiving, AJ!

We all have so much to be thankful for. You were right - I did manage to get in some knitting time today. In the family room, alone, after the dinner was done and the dishes cleaned up and the company gone, I sat by the fire and knitted.