I apologize in advance that I wasn't able to do the meme that Tiennie tagged me with a few posts back. I've just been so busy.
So here it is (and I should warn you now, they aren't really "weird"):
"THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the "6 weird things about you." People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog."
1. Sleeping. I can't fall alseep on my left side. I can't fall asleep on my right side. I can't fall asleep on my back. I can only fall asleep on my stomach. (Which you can only imagine is pretty darn difficult when you are pregnant!) I can sleep on my sides and back, only if I've tossed and turned into that position. I must sleep with at least two pillows and my brown blanket that I stole from my mother about 9 years ago. Even if it's hot, I must have the blanket nearby. Also, once we have established which side of the bed is ours I have to sleep on that side. No exceptions.
2. Organization. No, I'm probably not more organized than the next person. But I admit that I'm a little OCD about how things are organized around the house. All of my books are organized by size and then by alphabetical order (author). My DVD's are the same. A to Z. My knitting magazines are organized by name and chronological order, (assuming they aren't in my knitting bags). Not everything in the house has a place, but a lot of it does. Even my scrapbooking supplies that are hidden in the corners of the hallway closet...all my papers are organized by manufacturer, theme, and then color. My closet is even more organized. For some strange reason, I can use only white hangers for my clothes. You won't see a colored hanger in my closet, (not even with Shawn's clothes). And my clothes go from red to white. No particular order other than by color.
3. Feet. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have weird feet. (I won't share them with you either.) When I was born, I had corrective surgery because I was born with club foot. After years of ugly corrective shoes, I walk just fine. But my feet are still weird and, I think, ugly. I have scars on my heels, however faded they may be. My pinky toes curl under my "ring" toes (what would you call the fourth toe on each foot?), making it difficult to paint my pinky toes when I get a pedicure. And because I had casts on my feet coming home from the hospital, they seemed to have molded a little flap of skin on my big toes. Enough said, they are weird and I hate them...so sock knitting seems to be apt for me at this point because the socks will cover my imperfections.
4. Food. I love dipping my french fries in chocolate shakes...especially from McDonald's. I don't particularly like anything else from there, but their fries and shakes go hand in hand. I hate raw onions, but I like them grilled. I'm very picky about my meat. I can not eat hamburgers from fast food restaurants. (I didn't even start eating hamburgers until I was about 18...and that goes for sandwiches too. When I was little I would eat the meat off a sandwich and then the bread. Never together.) I can only eat chicken from certain places and even then, it must be white meat. I will not eat dark meat from a chicken or turkey. I can't eat hamburger that has more than 7% fat in it. It makes me gag. I won't eat pork, but I love bacon...and sometimes ham (if it's from Honeybaked). Eggs, they can only be scrambled or baked into something. I can not handle hard boiled eggs one bit!
5. Environment. Sometimes I think it's because I have bipolar disorder that I love being in a dark house. I don't like a lot of noise and I don't like a lot of lights. I'm sure it drives Shawn batty, but I can't help it. I don't like opening the blinds to let the sun in. If I could have the weather be dark, cloudy and rainy 24/7, I would. I enjoy the dreariness. Seattle or London would probably suit me just fine. But I do enjoy lighting candles and watching movies in the dark. And as long as my knitting doesn't suffer from it, than it's all good.
I'm going to have to stop with No. 5, because I can't really think of anything else that I'd (or you might) consider as "weird" about me. I'm unique!
And as I understand it I have to tag people. But it's 11:55 p.m. and I need to wind down for the evening. We have a busy day filled with Dr. visits and Scout visiting some friends of mine. And maybe even some more knitting. I'm so exciting to see the pink expanding just a little more each day. I'll tag tomorrow...maybe.