February 28, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questionnaire

Today is the last day to sign up for the SP 10 swap. Sign up if you can. Anyway, here are the answers to my questionnaire.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? My favorite yarns are Koigu, Socks that Rock, Debbie Bliss, and Rowan (wool/cotton and Cashsoft are my favorites by Rowan). I don't really like acrylic, mohair or novelty yarns (like for scarves). Call me a yarn snob if you must!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have knitting needle cases hand sewn by my grandmother.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for about 6 years. I would say that I'm an intermediate/advanced knitter. I'd say I'm beginning when it comes to sock knitting, but I'm quickly becoming addicted.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I had an Amazon wish list, but I haven't updated it in a while.

5. What's your favorite scent? I ♥ Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar. It's the only stuff I use. Ever.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I love chocolate. (Who doesn't?) I love milk chocolates from See's Candies. I also like Hershey's Bars and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Oh and Cadbury Eggs, now that Easter is right around the corner.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I crochet a little, but not much. I'm mainly a knitter. I used to scrapbook, but that has dwindled. I have a drop spindle that I'd like to start using, just need the time and instruction.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like all kinds of music, rock, rap, country, oldies...Yes my computer can play MP3's. And I have an iPod. I ♥ my iPod.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorite colors are blue (all shades), buttercup yellow and dark brown. I don't like purple. At all.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? There's me, my fiancee (Shawn), my 8 year old son (Jem), and my 2 1/2 month old daughter (Scout). We have a Siamese cat named Dalton and a Red Nose Pit Bull named Scarlett.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? If it's cold enough I will wear a scarf or mittens. If the hat looks good I will wear it. (I don't have a hat wearing head.) And I don't wear ponchos. (Don't really have the body type.)

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love making sweaters. Cabled sweaters especially, (I have three on the needles now). I also like to knit socks, (this is a new thing).

13. What are you knitting right now? I have three sweaters on the needles, (one from Vogue, one from Knitting Nature and another from Rowan); an afghan for Shawn; a sweater baby blanket and baby bunting for Scout; and I'm ready to cast on the second sock to match for my first pair of socks. I like variety.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes, I do!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Depending on the project, I like both. I prefer bamboo needles (straight) and Susan Bates for my aluminum needles (straight or circular).

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, but I think I need one. :)

17. How old is your oldest UFO? I don't have too many UFO's, I think the oldest is a year old and just needs a neck edge.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving and Easter. They are the best!

19. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn. Duh! And books. I love to read. Oh, and DVD's. We have quite the collection.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I already subscribe to Interweave Knits and Vogue. And I just started to pick up Knit Scene from the bookstore. As of right now, I would like some Socks that Rock (any color) or Karabella Zodiac in dark brown or olive green so that I can make the Waves and Ribs Tank in the IK Spring 2007. I have also been pining away for a set of Blue Sky Alpacas new Bamboo DPN's. I gotta try those. They look great and the tin they come in ain't so bad either. But that's about it. I'm trying to watch how much yarn I am buying so that I could actually finish what I started.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Anything that has to do with sock knitting, since I'm a beginner. I'd also like to try Eunny's Anemoi mittens. I need to work on some colorworking skills. I'm pretty good with Intarsia, but would like to do more and try some Fair Isle soon.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Kinda sorta. Like I said, I just finished my first sock. I wear a size 9 1/2 and have a pretty high instep.

23. When is your birthday? November 27th. I was a Turkey baby!

So that's about it. Can't wait for this round of the SP swap.

No comments: