- Dalton has gotten locked into our neighbors garage twice and our other neighbors storage, in the past two weeks. Yesterday he came home with a 6-7" lizard in his mouth. The lizard survived. His tail did not. This morning, (lucky I was awake, but not really), he came home with a HUGE rat. The rat did not survive and it took me 17 minutes to muster up the courage to throw it in the trash. (I'll spare you the gorey details.) Needless to say, I don't want to be around Dalton right now.
- We had plans to go to the Ventura County Fair this Saturday. I've been waiting weeks, impatiently, to go. But Shawn has to take the car in to have the catalytic converters replaced, (mainly so I can get back and forth to school in September). I'm quite disappointed though. It's the one thing a year that I look forward to doing.
- I met with my OB yesterday for a consult. Get this...my insurance won't cover my current birth control. They also won't cover an IUD. The cost of my current BC, for one year would be the same as a 10 year IUD. So we decided since there will be no more babies, I am having my tubes tied next Thursday at 11:30. No big deal, but in a way I feel like I'm giving something away. I know I don't want any more kids, this pregnancy was too stressful and caused me to be on bedrest. But there's still that .001% of "what if?". Shawn said he'd buy me a dog if that was the case.
- Jem was upset last night. He remembered the day that we had to put our dog Ruff down. Mind you, he wasn't around much because my mom and I got Ruff in 1990, (I believe). The dog was a runt, has fallen in a pool, worn raincoats, (he hated water), been hit by a car, had pancreas problems...and then finally he started having bad seizures when he was about 13 years old. It was time to let go. For whatever reason though, Jem saw a picture of him and thought that we would have to put Dalton down. I don't know why, but it shook him up.
- Scout is teething crazy and won't sleep. She, finally, went to bed around 12, but had me back up at 2. I slept for a little while, while she slept next to me. I've been up since 5. I'm tired. Very, very tired.
- There is no knitting night this Friday. One of the co-owners of the LYS is moving and the LYS is also having an Anniversary Sale right now, so they decided not to do the Stitch and Bitch. It's my one night a month I look forward to. No cooking, no dishes, no children, no Shawn...just hours and hours of knitting. Now what?
Obviously things are not life or death, but they've all built up a really bad depressive episode and I can't stop wanting to cry. I don't even want to knit. I mean, I want to, but I don't. *sigh* Any advice would be greatly appreciated!