November 18, 2007

My Own Answers

Here are my own answers for the Sock it to Me Twice sock swap. I figured being the hostess I should answer these as well, huh? (Regular post to follow tomorrow.)

  1. How long have you been knitting? Do you consider yourself beginner, intermediate, advanced? I have been knitting for 7 years. I would say I'm between intermediate and advanced.
  2. How long have you been knitting socks? Since February. I've knit about 10 or 11 pair this year.
  3. What are your favorite fibers to work with? I love smooth wools. And I'm pretty partial to soft cotton blends.
  4. What is your favorite color? Blues and dark brown.
  5. What are your current WIPs (works in progress)? I am currently working on a pair of socks from Interweaves Favorite Socks, the Cobblestone sweater by Jared Flood, a Chevron Scarf and Secret of the Stole.
  6. Name your favorite yarns, (brand, fibers, colors, etc.). Blue Sky Alpacas Silk/Wool, Rowan Wool/Cotton, Koigu, Socks that Rock, (lightweight), Karabella, Debbie Bliss Cashmerino...
  7. What are some yarns/fibers that you stay away from. Novelty and most 100% wools that aren't washable. (I had a bad experience with a sweater.)
  8. What is your family situation? (Married, kids, pets?) Hubby, hubby (Shawn), my son Jem (9 years old), and our daughter Scout (11 months old). There's also our furbabies: Dalton (a Siamese cat that loves yarn), and Bandit (our German Shepherd puppy that loves yarn).
  9. Name some of your hobbies. Baking/Cooking, Sewing, Beading/Jewelry Making, Swimming
  10. Name some of your favorite movies? I love mysteries and horror flicks. My faves are: The Godfather, Clue, Murder by Death, the Charlie Chan and Sherlock Holmes movies, The Goodfellas, To Kill a Mockingbird
  11. Do you like to read? I love to read, but I admit I don't get to as much as I'd like anymore.
  12. Do you collect anything? Yarn...not much else than that.
  13. Do you own an iPod or mp3 player? I have an iPod.
  14. What are your favorite type of knitting needles? I used to love bamboo, but I've been using metal more. I love my Inox and, typically, I use Susan Bates. I'd like to try Addi's for lace though.
  15. What knitting notion could you not live without? My sheepy measuring tape. And my knitting stitch markers. Have to have them!
  16. Who are some of your favorite designers? Norah Gaughan, though I haven't knit many of her patterns. She intimidates me. Eunny Jang as well. I'd love to try her Entrelac Socks. And Debbie Bliss. She constantly amazes me.
  17. Do you subscribe to any magazines? (Knitting or otherwise.) I don't subscribe anymore because for a while the issues were disappointing. I'm thinking of picking up my IK subscription again. Not Vogue. They've disappointed me for over a year.
  18. When is your birthday? November 27th
  19. Do you have a "wishlist", (on Ravelry, Froogle, or Amazon)? I do have an Amazon list, blueyedpenny(at)(yahoo)(dot)(com). I also have a big list of patterns I want to try on Ravelry.
  20. Do you have a Ravelry ID? Blueyedpenny
  21. If you had a sheep, what would you name it? Baaaaaad Boy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AJ, I've added you as a 'friend' over at Flickr. Here's the link to the dress. You should be able to view it now. ;)