September 26, 2006

Sock-ret Pal Questionnaire

Here's the info that my Sock-ret Pal needs! I'm so excited!


The basics:


How long have you been knitting? I have been knitting for a little over 6 years. I bought a baby afghan pattern book from Michael's and wanted to make a blanket for my son.


Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? I'd definitely consider myself a beginning sock knitter. A very determined beginning sock knitter!


The measurements:


While your pal may ask for some additional info to ensure a great fit, please provide your shoe size, or any other fitting related info you think is pertinent. I *normally* wear a 9 1/2, but this pregnancy has enlarged my foot another 1/2 size. I wear size 9-11 socks and a size 10 shoe. I was born with a high instep, so that's part of the problem. I'm all screwed up! LOL.


(fiber related) Favorites:


What colors do you love? Blue, Yellow and Brown. I do NOT like purple.


Do you prefer solids or variegated? I prefer solids, but I do like variegated yarns. They just have to be the "right" ones.


What fibers do you most love to knit with? I like cottons, wools, silks...all kinds of stuff. :P


Who do you consider your favorite yarn vendors? Rowan (and their RYC yarns too), Debbie Bliss, Blue Sky Alpacas


What projects (other than socks, of course*S*) do you most enjoy knitting? Sweaters, baby items, hats, blankets...pretty much anything.


(fiber related) Dislikes:


What fibers can you not stand to knit with? To wear? I haven't come across anything that I don't like. I don't tend to use novelty yarns like eyelash or train track yarn.


What colors would you never wear? Purple. Not sure why, but I just don't like it.


The Tools:


Plastic or Metal? Bamboo or wood? I have an array of all types, metal, plastic, bamboo and wood. I'd say I like bamboo the most though.


Circs or Straights? I prefer straight needles, though I do use circular needles for bigger projects.


DPNs or Magic Loop? Double Pointed, I've never used the Magic Loop. Fill me in!


Are there any knitting accessories you don't have in your collection but would like? I could always do with more stitch markers.


The Extras:


Do you have a wish list? If so, please share the link! Nothing in particular at the moment. Usually if I see it and like it, I buy it! (I don't "budget" yarn. Budget is such a dirty word!)


Do you like sweet, sour or salty? (or all of the above? *S*) Sweet and/or Salty.


Do you have any allergies your pal should know about? (Certain foods, smoke, pet hair, etc) No valid allergies. I don't like coconut though. Or onions. :)


Favorite scents? Scents you can't stand? My favorite scent is Warm Vanilla Sugar by Bath and Body Works. They are my favorite! But I ♥ Vanilla anything! I also like melon scents. I don't really like flowery scented stuff.


Do you collect anything (other than yarn and knitting toys of course)? I collect Tiggers and scrapbook stuff. I should scrapbook but I find that buying and collecting is more fun!


When is your birthday? (month and day is fine!) November 27th, 1980 (Thanksgiving Day that year! I'm a Turkey baby!)


Do you spin? Dye your own yarn? No and No. I wish I did. But there's a lack of classes in my area and I wouldn't know where to start if I did go it alone.


Your favorite author/band/vacation spot, anything you think will help your pal know you better... I love to read, especially biographies and mysteries. My favorite authors are Agatha Christie, Harper Lee, and Lillian Jackson Braun. I've pretty much read everything they've written. I love scary movies. And I love the classics: "Breakfast at Tiffany's", "The Pink Panther", "Mildred Pierce", "Murder by Death" and anything with Marilyn Monroe. She's a goddess! *sigh* I also like mobster movies. "The Godfather" is my favorite all time movie.

As for any other stuff...I'm currently in the middle of moving to Santa Clarita from the L.A. area. I have an 8 year old son, named Jem, and a baby on the way. A baby girl! :) She is due January, 22. 2007. My bf's name is Shawn and he supports my knitting habit...if he didn't, he wouldn't have gotten that Cashmere sweater. :) I like going to the beach, sleeping, watching movies, reading, taking walks with my dog Scarlett, baking/cooking and shopping. I like to shop!

So that's about it whoever you are! Can't wait to get started!



No comments: