July 24, 2007

For Sale

Normally I wouldn't think of getting rid of yarn, but lately my "spring cleaning" has gone to the extreme: bleaching the kitchen floors, washing walls, cleaning the carpet (on a weekly basis), organizing books, etc.


And while I'll still do my Ripple Afghan, (eventually), I am not going to be using the intended yarn and decided to sell it, (if I could).

First up: 4 skeins of Cascade 220 in mustard yellow, tan, cream, and navy blue. Each skein has already been wound into a cake and is 220 yards. 100% wool. Gauge: 18-20 sts per 4" on US 7/8. I would prefer to sell them as a lot, but I will sell them individually for $5 per cake or $20 for the lot plus shipping and handling. (Normal store price is $7-$9 per skein.)

And secondly, Koigu. I know, I would never think of selling Koigu. BUT...I had done a gauge swatch and decided that for whatever crazy and nonsensical reason, I don't like it!

There are two full skeins of Koigu KPM in a buttery yellow. (The picture is a little too extreme.) I wound one skein, by hand and did a small gauge swatch. Both skeins are the full 175 yards. 100% wool. Gauge: 28 sts=4" on US 3's. $18 for both skeins plus shipping and handling. (I paid $24 for both skeins.)

Anyway, if you want any of this yarn, leave me a comment or email me at blueyedpenny(at)yahoo(dot)(com).


And if you are in the market for stitch markers, (hint hint), I just added a few more sets.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

It's always hard to part with yarn, but I understand about "spring cleaning"! Once you start, it can hard to stop.

Glad to see you and Scout had a good time at the zoo. I haven't taken Karalyn to the Sacramento Zoo yet but it's on the list.

rockbridge said...

thanks for the nice comment about my basalt tank - i hope i can get a decent photo of it soon! sorry to see you're having to part with the koigu. wish i could take it off your hands...

Lavender Brocklehurst said...

I checked out your flickr pics - you sure do a lot of fine knitting! That's gong to be one well-dress baby, and I really liked the sweater whose name I immediately forgot - the blue one with the narrow panel of lace down one side of the front...

By the way, for some reason, I could not get past the security pop-up box to leave a comment on your post for July 29.

Keep in touch!