September 05, 2007

Crash Into Me

Let me tell you a little story.

A story about a girl who really wanted to learn how to speak French.

After my 4:30 appointment for my post op check up, (which by the way went fine, except that they said that there are lesions on my left ovary and they want to do a pelvic ultrasound, blah blah blah), I had a quick dinner with my mom at her work and then off to school I went.

After driving around for 30 minutes I decided to go back down this one particular lane one more time. As I am making a right hand turn, the car in front of me at the stop sign backs up and CRASHES into my car. Now there's a big dent behind the back drivers side door, but in front of the gas tank. And the paint is peeling. (Lucky I was in a 20 some odd year Lincoln Town Car huh?)

Anyway, the girl was very apologetic and didn't know what to do. I don't know what makes it worse, the fact that she crashed into me OR the fact that she had just got a ticket from the campus police and then crashed into me. What do you think?

I'm alive and I guess I should count my blessings. But, the impact of the accident has given me quite a head and neck ache. I'll be seeing the Dr. tomorrow I'm sure.

What makes the whole situation terrible is that I got to my class 40 minutes late and was locked out. The teacher wouldn't open the class for me to come in. And that really upset me because I just drove 30 miles to get to the school, sat in parking lot traffic for over 40 minutes, get into an accident and all I really wanted to do was learn French.

I don't think I want to take a class with a professor like that though. And I sure don't want to put in the effort of a semester of work knowing how rude she is. I'd definitely hold it against her.

Some good news? My Berroco Peruvia came in the mail and now I can start the Tilted Duster from Interweave Knits. I'll see if I can wind the 9 hanks tomorrow. Oh, and my Monkeys on US 1's fit me, but then again I haven't finished the heel. Cross your fingers!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, are you ok?? And what? She locked you out of the class??!

Anonymous said...

What a day! Poor you. At least there was a silver lining to that dark cloud when you got home and had gotten your yarn. Can't wait to see your Monkeys. I've got to start those...

Anonymous said...

Oh no I hope you're ok!

My college teachers used to do that all the time- I hated it.

Enigma said...

That sucks - glad you weren't hurt though.

Anonymous said...

Are you OK? Hope you're not too sore or hurt! I've never heard of being locked out before - rude!!!

Rebecca said...

oh NO! that sounds quelle domage! there, a bit of my schoolgril francais coming out. wow. what a bad trip! and your teacher sounds like a beeeeetch, pardon my french. i hope you can talk to him/her and get this problem ironed out. i mean, being locked out of class sounds really horrific! but i admire your wanting to learn french. i need a refresher course. obviously, since i can't curse in the language!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear about your accident.