I finished my Sirdar coat, but I will have to post a picture of me in it. (It simply doesn't do it justice photographing it while it hangs on a hanger.) But I just ordered some Rowan Allure. Yummy yummy! I have three sweaters for myself I want to make, and I think this will be the first of three. This is from Vogue Knits magazine, Fall 2003 issue. I am digging the cables!
Shawn's son, also Shawn, saw a pattern in a book that had a knit bunny, knit penguin and knit teddy bear. So last Saturday we went to Michael's and bought three skeins of TLC yarn. It's nice and soft and actually very nice to work with, even if it doesn't compare to Rowan or Debbie Bliss. (Yes, I'm yarn prejudice, get over it! I like to work with the good stuff!) Anyway, Lil Shawn wants a white teddy bear with a blue and red scarf. Oh, and a little blanket so he doesn't get cold. ;) This teddy bear is another pattern in the "Nursery Knits" and I think it's cute as heck! Only problem: All the shaping. Wait, one more prob. All the finishing!
Other Notes of Importance:
- I successfully finished the Sirdar coat as I mentioned earlier. It is so cozy, especially when California is only getting 50 degree weather. It has been wonderful to wrap up in.
- Shawn wants another sweater, though I am only 1/2 way finished with the cashmerino sweater I am making him. I ran out of yarn and lucky for me, someone on Ebay had the yarn...in the same dye lot! Now how often does that happen? Anyway, I'll post the picture to his new sweater once I finish what I have on the needles. Oh and he wants another cap, this time gray with green shamrocks.
- My son wants another blanket. I told him if he behaved he could pick out the yarn and I'll make him another one.
- Shawn's coworker wants a pair of wool gloves. Hmmm, I'll have to think about that one!
- I painted my kitchen a Scrapworks blue color from my scrapbook cardstock. It's awesome.
I have come to the conclusion that I simply think too big. Too big.