May 15, 2006

Irish Hiking Scarf Knit Along and Dogs

I joined the Knit Along with no obvious person I'd give this scarf to, but now that I see how beautifull it's knitting up I think I am going to give it to me! I had two skeins of Paton's Classic Merino Wool in an off white color that I thought I could use for this. I did good. This is about two and half days work. (I even took it with me in the truck on the way to the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific. Shawn and my son took me for Mother's Day yesterday and we had a blast.) I'll admit though, I didn't get much knitting done yesterday.


Here is a close up of the scarf's cables. The coloring is off because I used natural lighting...but if I could find a cream in this color too, I just might make another. The cables are absolutely stunning.


Scarlett. She is my pride and joy. (Along with Dalton.) Scarlett is nine months now, though I've only had her since my birthday in November. She is getting so big, but her attitude is still puppy like. When Shawn wakes up at 5:30 and gets out of bed she jumps into the bed and takes his spot. She has growled at him to let him know that this is her bed and she is protecting me. But she loves her daddy too. Everyone compliments her spots and her behavior. She has become the perfect lap dog. She is my baby and whether she likes it or not, I'm going to knit her a sweater for winter! (She gets extremely hot or extremely cold in the weather, so this will help her short haired coat.)

1 comment:

Knitcrazy said...

Your Scarf Looks BEAUTIFUL..
I do have to make one of those :)

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/