August 19, 2006

Hospitals Suck and Pinwheel Sweaters

My day didn't start out too well. The afternoon only got worse, I'm sorry to say. My bf and I sat in the emergency room from 12:50-5:15 this afternoon. I started to have some heavy cramping and it freaked me out. So we went to the hospital. Turns out I have a bladder infection. It only took them 5 hours and 25 minutes. * sigh * I am convinced that my insurance paid a few nurses rent for the month. I should be back to "normal" in a few days. Just not feeling too hot. This pregnancy is really killing me. (I should have knocked on wood with my first one, huh?)

Some brighter news. I had to change my local phone carrier because the previous service was pretty eewww. Meaning for a month I had either no dial tone or I couldn't call local numbers. (?) I switched to AT&T (this is by no means an ad for them). They sent me a $50 VISA gift card for switching. *yay* Of course, I had to use the gift card for yarn. And I had the perfect project to start. (Don't remind me, I know I have a few on the needles as we speak.) Everyone seems to be doing this Pinwheel Sweater (shown below) from Elann. I bought 6 skeins of yarn for $21. (Including Shipping and Handling.) Tomorrow I'll post the colors, but they are in yellows, greens and blues. (We still aren't sure if we are having a boy or girl...I thought I'd play it safe.) Cute isn't it?


5 comments:

jillian said...

Oh No! Feel better! When I was little I got UTIs all the time, and I still remember how awful they are.

That sweater will be adorable for your little one!

Coarine said...

I am so sorry to hear that ... I hope you feel better soon.

The sweater is beautiful!!!

Nora said...

Hope you feel better soon. The Pinwheel Sweater is gorgeous. When are you due?

catsmum said...

Is anyone doing a KAL for the pinwheel , does anyone know? Maybe we should start one :]

Anonymous said...

Have fun with your pinwheel! Im on the 7th color and almost done. You can see photos of the begining here http://knittingnoob.wordpress.com/2007/08/15/sick-but-still-knitting/ if you like. I'll be checking back on yours!